As most of you know, I work closely with a school in Ghana, West Africa. Each year in April students throughout Ghana take a high school entrance exam. This isn't just one exam, this is actually a week of exams: two exams every day for 5 days. It's pretty grueling in my book. Students at Hope Christian Academy spend months preparing for those five days.
So how crazy would it be to send HCA students notes of encouragement -- a note for every day of the test! That's a lot of notes and certainly not a project I can do by myself. So I'm inviting you to join. You don't have to be involved with Hope Christian Academy to participate, you just have to want to spread some encouragement to a soon-to-be-high-schooler!
Here's what you do:
1. Contact me and let me know you are interested in writing to a student.... or two... or three... I'll send you the name(s). I'll also send you mailing instructions and the address.
2. Write one introduction card introducing yourself if necessary, giving a couple words of encouragement, and explaining about the notes per day:
3. Write one card for every day of the test. Each note should be labeled with the day the student should read it. I used plain 5x3 index cards because I had them on-hand and they fit nicely in my intro card -- and I wanted to keep things simple.
Your notes could be personal thoughts, prayers, bible verse, songs -- really anything you hope might be encouraging to students enduring a week of testing.
4. That's it! All in all, it takes about an hour. The only catch is that these notes need to be in the mail fairly soon. All notes need to be in the mail by Saturday, March 12th. That's soon!!!!
There are 40 students who need notes. So hurry and let me know if you're interested!

No comments:
Post a Comment