Friday, March 4, 2011

Challenges: February Update

Well, we can see that I've been doing fairly well at challenge number 5 (updating the blog), but how about the rest of them?

1. Victorian Literature Challenge: I am still working on Wives and Daughters.  I would be finished by now, but I have stopped listening while cycling.  It's just not the wisest idea to impede your hearing while riding amongst traffic.  It's been slow going but I've been listening while making dinner or cleaning the house so I'm still making good progress.  In the mean time, I was able to purchased 2 of the other books on my list so I'm ready to roll to the next book... once I've finished this one... :)

2.  Expand Food Horizons: I didn't make any new food dishes in February. Gumbo got pushed to the back burner for a couple weeks -- for reasons I'll explain in an upcoming post.

3.  Cards: I've been a card writing fool over the last few weeks.  Apparently it's birthday and baby season!  But I've also been writing cards to students in Ghana as they prep for their BECE exams.

4.  The Bicycle Race:  In mid-February I did a 20 mile ride.  I was pretty stoked.  Then I got sick and didn't touch the bike for about a week and half.  It was kind of difficult to get back in that newly-formed habit.  But I'm back in the swing of things now and did a 20 mile ride the last weekend of February.  Some days I can really feel improvement and an increase in strength.  And then I hit a killer hill and I feel like it's my first time to put foot to pedal....  But overall, it's going really well!

5.  The Blog: See for yourself!

No comments: